ARMANNDB NEWS-INFO ALERT:
NDB READERS’ OPINION
** 'FLYOVER USELESS IF...' From 0955177...: Hello NDB just delete my number... If BTAO-Bacolod PNP-enforcers cannot prohibit Punta Taytay-Sum-ag-Aljis-Tangub passenger jeepneys from parking infront of Grand Regal Hotel along Araneta street opposite Gaisano City mall, then the usefulness of the flyover will go to the dogs. Untouchable gid bala ya ang mga PUJs dira nga ginaupdan na sang mga barker nga astig, kuno? Okon, talawit lang ang mga enforcer? Matyag ko talawit mga enforcer dira sa atubang grand regal hotel kag gaisano city!
* MAN TO MAN, WOMAN TO WOMAN. From 09202196853: Now, Pres. Duterte is in favor of same sex marriages. It's the union of a man and a man, a woman and a woman, and a sissy and a tomboy. Is this not a stark contradiction? In Deutoronomy 22:5, a woman must not wear men's clothing, for the Lord your God detests who does this.
* CAPITOL LAGOON OPENNESS. From 09258635820: Good news for Bacolodnons. The Capitol Lagoon has re-opened for the public this Christmas season. Every one can now enjoy having picnics, jogging or strolling or family day once again.
* COUNCILORS & TRISIKADS. From 09997045552: It's high-time for Bacolod City councilors to pass an ordinance banning trisikads to ply in major streets. These trisikads must be outlawed also from 6:30 PM to 5 AM because it is very risky to travel without lights or reflectorized stickers and usually driven by very old people.
** ADVICE TO GF & BF, WIFE * HUSBAND. From 09159897549: Teka teka mga mag-jowa. Pag nag text at wala agad reply si Misis, si Mister, si GF o BF, wag agad agad mag isip na baka may iba na. Kung tumatawag at off ang celfone niya, oyyy i dial ulit baka sa network lang yan. Keep dialing ‘ika nga. Kung off ang Smart niya, idial ang Globe nya. Ang dual sim na celfone kasi ganyan yan, pag may kinakausap pa sa Smart, pagtinawagan ang Globe nya off yan, vice versa. Kahit hi tek na ang mundo may mga kapalpakan pa rin. Katulad ng Smart at Globe pareho lang na paminsan minsan may sira. Included na dyan ang TNT at TM at Sun! Kahit naka on celfone mo ay off pag tinawagan. Di ba minsan sabay sabay din pasok ang mga text, o ‘di ba? Kung wala pa ring reply o di pa rin matawagan, be patient. Baka kinakausap pa ang boss niya. All we need is to understand the other person on the other end of the line kasi hindi natin alam kung naano siya o inaano siya. Naisipan ko ito dahil may nag away sa downtown noong isang araw. Yun pala e, walang load si babae huhuhu at lobatt pa, ngeee!
* BRGYS. NO MORE BUDGET. From 09392003215: COA Bacolod BUGTAW, nga a wala gid ninyo gina check and balance ang tanan nga barangay nga naga kaubusan na budget kag tag pila ka bulan wala suweldo, grabe ang kuha sang mga kapitan kwarta, labi na gid ang travel and seminar nga wala liquidation kag mga project nga laban lang drawing, mga kapitan nga ang pangbuhi gina saleg sa barangay. BUGTAW KAG KAKASA na sila!
* BE CONSISTENT IN CHECKING SUGARCANE TRUCKS. From 09258635820: Our local traffic enforcers & highway patrol officers should check all sugarcane trucks that they are not overloaded so that terrible accidents like in Bago City won’t happen again.
* MORE PINOYS SHUN BANK DEPOSIT. From 09472844138: Filipinos with money in the bank have declined from 36.8% in the third quarter to 35.6% in the fourth quarter this year. Most Flipinos don’t earn enough to set aside money in the bank. Others would keep money at home because money in the bank losses value due to inflation.
** AMITY VOLUNTEER FIRE BRIGADE @ 40. From 09176311419: On celebrating today (Wednesday, Dec. 13, 2017) our 40th year of service o the people of Bacolod, Negros occidental, we request for prayers for all Amity Volunteer Fire Brigade volunteers who have given teir time and efforts without expecting anything in return. merry Christmas. (Mr. Crispin Chua)
* AMENDING CONSTITUTION. From 09204393023: It’s time that the 1987 Philippine Constitution should be amended. We need it to be corrected for the better in view of the passing of time. One of the most vital amendments to be made, is the qualifications of our President. He must be a college graduate of a 4-year course./p>
** DARKER NGHTS IN BACOLOD. From 0928299....: Hello Negros Daily Bulletin. Never mind publishing my number. I just would like to remind our BACOLOD CITY OFFICIALS from the mayor to the councilor and who-else-must-be-reminded souls: Roam around the city streets beyond downtown at night so you will notice how DARKER the nights are in several streets/roads in city. Drive through Araneta - San Sebastian to Sum-ag and back. From San Juan - Banago to Rizal Elementary and back. From Lopez Jaena - Lizares and back. From Burgos - Lopez Jaena to Granada and back. Th short cut road back of Bacolod Police Station to Alijis Murcia road. See?
* REVOLUTIONARY GOV’T. From 09472102033: Pres. Duterte had expressed the plan to declare a revolutionary government. He can do that with ease since he has the AFP, the PNP, both the Upper and the Lower Houses, and soon the Supreme Court with the imminent impeachment of CJ Maria Lourdes Sereno. God have mercy on us!
** OVERLOADING SPELLS DISASTER. From 09166578432: Daw garland ang kahalimbawa sang pwerte kadamo nga pinunsok ka mga pasahero sa atop sang Bacolod-Mambucal bound mini-buses kun rush hour labi na gid kun last trip. WALA GID GINASITA sang duha ka BAC-UP stations nga maagyan sini. Pabaya gid gobierno ta. Indi magpangaman kun indi lukpan. Kun may disgrasya, wala katapusan nga binasolay lang ang matabo. History repeats itself, so to speak.
* 'NO TO EXCISE TAXES.' From 09258635820: I think the finance officials of our President are wrong in advising him to put excise taxes on fuel & coal. It will trigger a chain reaction that will cause prices of basic goods to go up. To the poor, every cent counts. So we appeal to our good President to veto the excise taxes on fuel & coal. Our countrymen, specially the poor will be happy if you do that./p>
* NO PEDICABS, TRICYCLES, BUT... From 09499705200: Why is it that Bacolod Mayor Bing and BTAO chief Acebuche are allowing drivers of tricycle and pedicabs to ply their trade in Araneta and Lacson treets, notwithstanding the city ordinance banning them? The City Council could do better if they will pass ordinance to include all major streets.
* BARILE PROBE. From 09498624986: Ngaa tubtub subong wala man gihapon mapa-inbestigahan sang PNP ang unexplained wealth ni controversial PO3 Joshua Barile? Sa diin sya nagkuha sang kwarta nga ipamakal sang house and lot nga nagabalor sang 1M, sang 2 kamalahalon nga salakyan, 1 motorcycle, mga appliance, etc.?
* TRAFFIC LIGHTS THAN SKYWAY. From 09279426203: Ngaa ginpasulabi sang Bacolod ang pagpatukod sang P364 million skyway sa Araneta St. imbes sa mga traffic light (TL)? The city needs at least 20 more TL instead of the mostly inept traffic enforcers. How come that former mayor Monico was able to buy several TL in 3 years only?
* POLITICAL WILL. From 09551172440: Ang Bacolod natam-an gid ka magamo nga siyudad tungod nga si Mayor Bing wala sang political will sa iya pagdumalahan. Ang tanan nga kasuguan kag ordinansa wala ginapatuman tungod kay siya mahinadlukon, sunod-sunoran kag wala disiplina sa wala nagasunod sa mga kasugu-an.*