NDB READERS’ OPINION
* ‘URGENT! CALLING DPWH, CITY ENGINEER’S!’ From 0908209...: Hi NDB never mind printing my #. Please call urgently DPWH Bacolod, City Engineer’s Office. Ang lamp post sa kilid Magsaysay Araneta flyover sa right side going south sa atubang simbahan kag Daily Star may dangerous lamp post obstructing the busy road. It must be removed right away. Makamamatay ina!
* P8-M FUND TO BACOLOD EMPLOYEES. From 09303500612: Grabe naman dapat naman talaga ieksplika itong P8 milyones na suporta ng Ciudad de Bacolod Gobermen sa onyon ng kaniyang mga employees. Para lang daw sa tatlong araw na Christmas party. Ang kontrata ni Mayor Leonardia sa union ay sakaling disapprove ng COA ang 8 milyon ay mananagot ang BCGEU at ibalik ito. Abaw bibaw tanong ko lang bakit alam naman ninyo na baka i disallow bakit pa nag bigay pa kayo? Imbestigador saan na kayo?
* TO NGCP (NAPOCOR) ON TOWERS. From 09166578432: Attention! Halos indi na kitaon ang yellow and black structure that protect your towering posts ang ara gid sa sharp curve sang Bangga Golf Blumentrit, Murcia kag sa highway Paglaum Village kay nabuta ka NAGPILILIT nga yab-ok kag lunang. Dapa papinturahan na ina sang bag-o kay kadelikado gid labi na kun gab-i.
* NEVER ENDING CRITIQUES. From 09187743465: The never ending criticisms on the unsolved problems of Bacolod against the mayor are deliberately ignored by him because he is a very weak leader. Like the traffic disorder, he is held responsible for making Bacolod the No. 1 anarchic city outside Metro Manila.
* FLASHLIGHT & OBESITY. From 09166578432: Obesity is not a matter of chance nor genetics. It is a serious matter of unlimited gastronomnical abuse. - Dapat palaging may flashlight. Pag may saunog brownout kaagad yan. Paano ka makagalaw kung madilim ang paligid, delikado ka pang makulong sa sarili mong bahay.
* HIGHER TAXES. From 09258635820: The TRAIN or tax reform program of our government now takes effect. The excise taxes will result in higher prices of basic goods. Our good President should enforce a law that at least 50% of excise taxes should be shouldered by manufacturing & other business companies & not 100% shall be passed on to the consumers. This will lessen the burden for the ordinary Filipinos majority who are poor.
* TO SMART. From 09983728036: Message ko lang sa SMART. Please lang, stop sending me mga pakulo kag promos ninyo. Wala gid ko ga-unli. Regular load lang gid ko pirme, pang-text kag tawag nga importante lang ang celfon ko. Kun inyo gid na patakaran magpadala pakulo kag promos, at least indi nyo man pagpatam-an. Salamat gid.
* LORENZO BALL. From 09197194624: On Dec. 6, upcoming superstar Lorenzo Ball of the Los Angeles Lakers, got an up-close at Lebron James, the biggest baller of them all. For Ball, his first court with James was eye-opening. Ball said that James has the size and speed. He's the best player in the world now.
* 1 YEAR LOAD EXPIRY. From 09258635820: Good news for everyone. DTI, NTC & DITC signed a memorandum of agreement extending all prepaid loads up to one year. Let's hope telecoms would implement & follow this ruling. This will be a big boost specially to the poor who relies mostly on prepaid loads in their mobile phones.
** VICE MAYOR GARCIA & CHIEF RELOJ. From 0918760,,,: No publish my number ha palihog .... Nadakpan si Moises Padilla vice mayor Ella Garcia-Yulo kag bana sini sa checkpoint sang ila man lang kapulisan sa pagpamuo ni chief of police Alan Reloj. May nakuha nga mga armas, explosives kag suspected shabu. Priso pa si vice mayor kag iya bana. Ang isyu karon amo ang kon may kamatuoran ayhan ang hambal ni Chief Inspector Reloj nga yara sa intellgence report si vice Ella nga kuno naga supply sila mga armas sa NPA? Para ina kay Reloj to prove. Ang sa bahin naman ni vice Yulo iya man dapat pamatud an ga wala ina kamatouran. Ang mga taga banwa sang Magallon naga hulat sang lakat sang kaso. Salamat NDB.
* PACQUIAO VS. MCGREGOR. From 09104545425: Boxing icon Manny Pacquiao said recently that he has opened talks to mixed martial arts (MMA) superstar Connor McGregor for a possible boxing match in April next year. However, McGregor shut down the proposed fight with the senator as not a sell-out.
* REMINDER TO SOME OUT THERE. From 0912345...: Always be reminded that simcards and cellphones have their own unique electronic footprints or signatures. Even if you throw away that simcard after sending a nasty SMS or a threatening message, the cellphone you have used will still be traced back to you no matter whether you use it again or not anymore. The place, time and other circumstances when you sent that SMS or MMS will give you away. Don't end up like those who only believed in the capability of modern technology when they were collared at a time they did not expect.
* THE INTERNET CAFE AT STATE THEATER. From 09166578432: Kabay pa mapadlakan na gid da ang internetan sa State Theater kay pirme gapoog ang aso sa CR, lobby kag hagdanan. Ginahimo gid nila kaladlwan ang anti-smoking ordinance ta. Kun adlaw-adlaw tani may raid sigurado dako gid income ciudad ta.
* CHINA's. From 09289446290: China has been installing high-frequency radar and facilities on its man-made islands in the South China Sea (Philippine Sea). Their activities have involved work on facilities covering 29 hectares of disputed Spratly and Paracel islands. Beijing is planning to deny others access to the routes.
* 'PACQUIAO IS NEXT PRESIDENT.' From 09258635820: Oh my, our President seems to want Sen. Pacquiao to be the next President. Didn't Pacquaio just say 2 weeks ago he wants to quit politics because he couldn't stand to see that's going on inside the political arena?
* CUAYCONG & CABUGA. From 09306264222: I have read in your paper the bounced check and estafa charges filed against businesswoman Ester Cuaycong by Catherine Cabuga involving P2M check issued in 2013. In response, Cuaycong presented through her lawyer proofs that she already fully paid the P2M check in installments as early as 2015. Since they were friends as reported in your paper, why can't they settle it behind the scene? It seems each of them have reasons for taking legal steps but whatever steps they may opt will not matter anymore if they sit down together and talk things out. Money is money but friendship can be re-ignited for the peace of mind of everyone. It happened to others too. Just giving my piece. Thank you.
* ANTI-NPA MARTIAL LAW. From 09399500700: A cause for grievous concern was President Duterte's remark on Dec. 13 that if the NPA further steps up its attacks against government forces, he would consider declaring a martial law nationwide. He would leave it to the military and police to say when he would do so.
* MANNY FOR PRESIDENT. From 09083095420: Ano naman nga pakulo ni PDU30 nga iya gin-endorso si Manny Pacquiao nga manginsunod nga pangulo sang Pilipinas sa 2022? Ano ini panginto ukon tinud-anay? Si Manny waay gani katapos high school amo ang mangin President? Bilang Senador wala pa gani siya kasuguan nga nahimo. Wow!
** 'FLYOVER USELESS IF...' From 0955177...: Hello NDB just delete my number... If BTAO-Bacolod PNP-enforcers cannot prohibit Punta Taytay-Sum-ag-Aljis-Tangub passenger jeepneys from parking infront of Grand Regal Hotel along Araneta street opposite Gaisano City mall, then the usefulness of the flyover will go to the dogs. Untouchable gid bala ya ang mga PUJs dira nga ginaupdan na sang mga barker nga astig, kuno? Okon, talawit lang ang mga enforcer? Matyag ko talawit mga enforcer dira sa atubang grand regal hotel kag gaisano city!
* MAN TO MAN, WOMAN TO WOMAN. From 09202196853: Now, Pres. Duterte is in favor of same sex marriages. It's the union of a man and a man, a woman and a woman, and a sissy and a tomboy. Is this not a stark contradiction? In Deutoronomy 22:5, a woman must not wear men's clothing, for the Lord your God detests who does this.*